Thursday, December 22, 2005

Day 3 & life goes on…

So it is now day 3 of the MTA strike and, well as the title suggests, life is going on.

New Yorkers are adapting, as they always do. Traffic was still heavy this morning, but I was lucky enough to get a cabbie who though charging me $15 to get to midtown was crazy. So he only charged $10. Which resulted in him getting a tip, which I have not been giving anyone who charges me the standard rate. (if I was going from the bottom of one zone to the top of a second, then I could understand the full charge. But not to go from half of one zone to half of the other.) anyway, my trip was quite pleasant, although long. My driver & I, along with 1 other passenger (they were not enforcing the 4 person rule as stringently) had a lively debate about the strike & the union workers, etc.
It looks as if the end of the strike is looming. We will see what happens.
Will the Transit Union go bankrupt?
Will they get everything they wanted?
And even better- will they get rid of Roger Toussant? He seems like an old school union worker who thinks that a scalding tongue will win the people over. Instead, they just hate him & view him as a nasty man.

Till day 4….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home