Tuesday, May 30, 2006

It’s on the rise (and not in a good way)

So today I had my most horrific NY experience yet. I grew up in the suburbs around here, so I am use to seeing a lot. I have had a crazy woman thrown dirt & water on me at a restaurant ( the beer garden was too loud at 8pm apparently), seen homeless men drop their pants in the middle of the sidewalk to use the bathroom, etc.

But today was the worst yet.
While riding the 4 train to work, in the middle of rush hour, I found the man next to me was exposing himself!

When I had gotten onto the train, it was already very crowded. At one point I felt someone touch my bum, but figured it was just the crowd being bustled onto the train- It happens all the time! At one point I double checked to make sure that my metro card was still in my back pocket and concentrated on my balancing act, as I had no ability to hold onto a pole.

As we near the first stop I realize that the guy behind me is constantly jutting me in the back. And it is the same movement too, not just the normal jostling of the train. So I turn around to find out what is going on…and he is exposing himself!

In my horror, I just gasp, “Oh My God!” and push myself next to a girl standing next to the door. I apologize to her & let her know what is going on, while the asshole just turns around.

I was so disgusted by the whole thing that I just got off & walked to another car. And this makes me mad.

I am now annoyed with myself because I didn’t DO anything about it. I was so disgusted by it I just threw myself out of the car & let the guy get away with it.

I had been reading stories about it in the NY daily papers, but really never thought that it would happen during the rush hour on the 4 train no less. Full of court employees & Wall Street Bankers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home